Remaining prior to Christmas 2008 was the family room, dining room, our room and the bathroom. The family room was a very daunting prospect as we had loads of stuff in there, especially my scrapping stuff.
As I posted earlier, we bought a new TV so had to do something with the feature wall:
That left the other three walls to do and I had sorted out all my scrapping stuff (loads on TM, lots in the recycling, and a box to go to Trina). My corner just prior to painting
And my corner after painting ( the colour is really not that yellow)
The corner where the two walls meet showing the effect of the two colours: the colours are Merlot (red) Dejavu (rich cream) both by Resene
We will buy the paint for the dining room tomorrow and hopefully finish that before the weekend is over.
Today we planned to bring in all the outside Christmas lights but that meant that the shed needed a clean out ...... yet more recycling, boxes and more for the Sallies, and a few things for TM. By this time it had started raining and we didn't want to put wet lights away. So the lights are still outside but switched off. That will be the boys task tomorrow while we unload at the Sallies and buy the dining room paint.
It feels great to start the new year with a big clean out ...... still lots to go, but a big effort already done
8 comments:
Happy New Year!
Love the new paint job - it looks great. Good luck with the rest of the painting and tidy up. I plan on attacking our place when my MIL leaves.
Wow love those colours. What a great idea having a colour consultant come and then focussing on different rooms each year. It's a great way to start your year off.
Wowser - I'm impressed ... the only things that I paint are chippie and on layouts ... lol.
Looks awesome ... great start to the New Year.
Wow! I love the colours. Looking good!!
Wow! I love the colours , looking good!!
Georgeous colours Jenny - I bet you'll feel just great when it's all done and everything is sorted back into it's rightful place. Nothing like a de cluttering session or three to refresh yourself.
Jen it looks great & the colours are so good.
Hope you can now relax & enjoy the rest of your holidays !
This all looks good!
Happy new year to you Jenny! I hope it doesn't turn out to be quite as hard as it seems going into it. {hug}
Post a Comment