So where did the name come from? About nine years ago we lived in Whitby and this beautiful black and white cat would insist on coming to our house. I kept trying to chase it as I knew that it probably belonged to someone. I gave up and called the cat Daisy because "she" was so beautiful and we were very into Thomas the Train at that stage. Then some people up the road who we know told us their cat had been missing for a few months. I showed them Daisy: "Oh that's Oscar", they said!
They took Oscar home and locked him inside for two weeks to re-home him. As they opened the door, he shot down the road to come back to us. Then we moved to Tawa and asked if we could keep the cat but we didn't like Oscar so we changed it to James (see the Thomas influence again?).
We had just moved into our house and were having a bbq and my mom said, "Just call him Doj: Daisy, Oscar, James" and so the name has stuck!
8 comments:
oooooookay, never would have come up with that meaning, thought it was Japanese for something, or something like that, ha ha!
Cool - funny how we come up with names!!
Cat he is home now. I'm sure your mum with do a fantastic job taking care of him too!
what a great meaning behind the name! fun
Hope it's all going well in the convalescing home :)
Our cats always seem to have names that evolve too. We had one cat that came to us as Simba but ended up being Pork Bun. Strange I know.
Lol, I never would've thought!
Cute story!
thanks for the blog award, glad doj is doing better
just catching up with your sad events recently. I'm pleased all is working out with the healing ok.
Post a Comment