Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

So are you ready for tomorrow? I think I am but if I'm not too bad! I'm not stressing about it - the day should be one for enjoying with friends and family and remembering the real reason we celebrate.

I've done the Festive loaf that we have for breakfast and bought cherries, strawberries and raspberries (at $6 for a tiny punnet I didn't buy more than one!). I need to make the entree savoury "cake": layers of tuna, avocado and egg on a cracker base. Then the turkey stuffing and look to see what vegetables I have and those are the ones we'll eat! Oh yes, I must make some meringues too. Then I'm done preparing the food.

The presents need wrapping and I must finish Adrian's sleeping shorts. I would have done it yesterday but spent at least an hour fighting with my sewing machine. I bought some new needles so hopefully that will help.

I also made these lovely little totes and filled them with Guylian chocolate squares. I got the idea from Kelly, who got the idea here. They look really nice hanging on the tree and I've been thinking of other sizes to make too.

This is what our cul-de-sac looks like from the top - it doesn't look as good in the dusk as it does when it's dark.

And our house:

We have been standing outside at night handing out lollies and most kids are great except one last night was complaining that he could only have one! I held my tongue, but wanted to say to him that e did not have a money tree out the back! It's so lovely seeing the kids faces when they see the lights AND get a lolly! Even the old people's homes have come looking: buses from Rita Angus, Shona McFarlane and Malvina Major have been round looking.

For those of you wondering, I decided not to get a Slice, but bought myself a new camera instead

Well, I'm off to get showered and get on with my day. Happy Christmas to all and I hope that you all have a wonderful, safe day

7 comments:

Penny said...

Merry Christmas Jenny!!

Trace said...

Good choice Jenny - I'm sure you'll get lots of great use from your new camera. The cul de sac looks cool. Have a fab Christmas tomorrow and a lovely Christmas Eve.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jenny. I am ready and relaxed about the 25th. Wow thats some impressive lights. Its nice that some buses have come by to look at them.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jenny! Glad someone else found that tutorial useful too. I think they'd come in handy at any time of year for a quick gift. Good on you for getting a new camera - I'm leaning that way myself :)
Your cul de sac looks lovely - how nice that you hand out lollies too.

Tracy said...

Merry Christmas Jenny! Your gift bags look wonderful as does your house with all the lovely lights!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Your lights look fab ... and how nice of you to hand out lollies too. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Sonya said...

What a pretty area you live in Jenny, I put up a few christmas lights but feel kind of silly as I have not seen any more lights up anywhere in Duntroon!!
Thats so cool buying a camera, I am sure you will not regret that. You sound so busy today. I was also on the sewing machine, my hubby had planned to dress up as santa for chrissy day- but we could not find a suit anywhere in town- so this afternoon I grabbed the cover off our bed (its more orange than red- and converted it to santa pants!!) What a hoot Andrew will look!!
Wishing you a wonderful wonderfull christmas. XXX