On the work front, that is! I have even had time to visit a few blogs AND leave some comments. I'll catch up next week.
We bought some more lights on Saturday and put them up on Sunday. Interesting talking to people outside who notice each and every new one that goes up - they must visit our street fairly regularly. We're trying to get a charity brass band (eg Sallies) to come and play next Wednesday but so far no go. Anyone who can send someone our way, please let me know so we can organise it.
I was so pleased to see that Raewyn has asked for an extension at the SBO Christmas competition as maybe I'll get my little house done too.
My Dad's birthday last night was lovely. We went to Mungavin Blues and had a really yummy meal. He enjoyed himself too and it was nice to see him enjoying himself. I forgot to take my camera! I really like my big camera but sometimes think a little pocket one would be better so I am eyeing the Olympus FE20 but I'm also eyeing the Making Memories Slice so I'll have to count my dollars to see what I can afford.
Anyway, off to get things prepared for the next birthday party!
5 comments:
hey thats very cool about your lights, seems like your well known in your area for the amazing lights. Sounds like you had a lovley dinner for your dad's birthday. I have two cameras, and when I go out to places like that I tend to take a pocket camera so it can go in my handbag and it doesn't feel to big to carry around.
Hmm just like Janine, I have two cameras as well! Tough choice on which to purchase first - maybe you could put the hard word on 'santa' LOL!
I think Santa needs to know that you have been really good this year ... lol.
Happy belated birthday to your Dad.
Hope you can entice a band!
I like having 2 cameras - well one if mine and one is DH's. But it is handy. But then a Slice would be nice too! :)
Jenny a couple of thoughts about a band for you - try here: http://tpcb.wellington.net.nz/joomla/ and contact the band manager via the link on that page.... you might entice two or three players perhaps.
Then there is Hutt City Brass here: http://203.97.108.164/ and there is a contact us link at the bottom of that page.
Not sure how you will go, but it might work....
Post a Comment