This morning before 8am my Mom phoned to say my Dad was not very well so I called the ambulance. I rushed down to their house and stayed with my Mom whilst the paramedics checked him out. Then I went to school to sort out some lessons for first two periods thinking I'd be back by 11am. When I got back, the paramedics were taking my Dad to Wellington hospital. I took my Mom in and we waited, and waited and waited. By 10am I realised I would not be back at school any time soon so phoned them to let them know where they could find the next lot of work.
The medical staff considered two possibilities - a heart attack or a clot on the lungs. After endless tests, I finally left my Mom at the hospital at 4.45pm as I had to get home to sort Colin out and make things as normal as possible for him. The plan was to meet Ross at the football to watch the NZ girls take on Colombia (NZ won 3-1 - go NZ!).
Adrian went to the hospital and found my father stuck out in the passage way .... for the night! He complained a little and eventually a bed was found for Dad in the short stay ward. He brought my Mom home and they got home at 9pm.
Tomorrow they will test for the clot on the lungs or pneumonia
I stayed with the boys in the rain and wind but they were very happy that the NZ girls won so that was good for them. Neither Colin or Adrian could concentrate very well today; I just spent the day sitting doing nothing which is very tiring.
Hopefully tomorrow we'll know what the (I can't think of the word) is, and we can either take my Dad home or to Kenepuru which is much closer.
9 comments:
Oh, Jenny, that's not good, thinking of you and your family tomorrow, and for the next few days, lets hope there are no more stays in corridors!
Best wishes for your Dad's health Jenny - I think the worst part is the not knowing, once you have a diagnosis you know what your dealing with.
I hope they find out what is wrong with your Dad today Jenny. It is very worrying and tiring waiting and waiting. How awful to leave him in the corridor for the night! They just don't seem to have any values these days. Whatever happened to human rights?
Oh dear Jenny - I'm sorry to hear this. I hope they can identify and help your Dad soon.
Oh Jenny! How worrying for you and your family. Hope you get some answers soon and your dad gets to recover very soon.
Thinking about you Jenny. I hope that you find out what is going on soon with your Dad.
Hugs
I hope your day has been okay Jenny and that all is okay with your dad. Sending love and best wishes to you all.xx
I hope today has bought better news about your dads health. It is never easy just waiting in corridors and seeing your parents upset. My thoughts are with you all and I am wishing your dad a speedy recovery.
Sorry to hear you dad is not well, that sounds like a long and stressful day for everyone involved. I hope they get to the bottom of whats going on very soon!
Post a Comment