Friday, November 14, 2008

So down

I got home yesterday around 5pm after a long day at school and then taking my dad to the doctor again and just felt my seams unravelling. The boys were still in their uniforms; there were dirty dishes lying all over the place; the chicken I had asked them to get at 4pm from the freezer was still in the freezer and they had a bicker as to who was going to get it .....

I went to bed in tears and closed the door. Then I sent a text to hubby telling him I was on strike. I could not stop crying and then I felt guilty because there are so many other people who are worse off than me ... so I cried some more!

The phone rang and because I was on strike I didn't answer it - it was hubby instructing his sons to cook dinner! Which they did and it was delicious.

I stayed in bed and I had little taps on the door: "Mom are you okay?" "Go away." Again, another tap and another voice: "Mom do you want some wine?" "No go away"

I got up for dinner, checked emails and then went to bed and I did feel better this morning. But I did have a serious sense of humour failure at someone at work whose biggest problem is what colour nail polish to buy!

I need my all day scrap tomorrow!

I know Christmas is now less than six weeks away, but I really don't have the energy to even think about it at the moment ... maybe next week!

10 comments:

Jenny in Durbs said...

Enjoy & try to catch your breath. By the time term ends you'll be ready to enjoy the festive season.
Have a great weekend & love to all from a hot sunny Durban.

Trace said...

Aww Jenny that's no good. Hopefully you wake up this morning feeling a lot better. It's pretty overwhelming all that's happening for you, but trust it will get better. Not too much of the term left now, and that will give you a chance for a breather and maybe to put into place some new routines or ideas so that it becomes more managable. Have a lovely day out scrapping.

Angela said...

Oh, Jenny, sometimes it's so hard. Good on you for taking a step back, and breathing. It's hard when everything piles on top. Hope all is well with your Dad. Thinking of you, enjoying your crop today.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny, I'm sorry everything caught up with you in a big way. I've had times like that too and I think going to bed was the best thing. I'm glad you feel a bit better now. Good for you DH in making the boys step up.
I have a laugh at them knocking on your door. That is so what my kids would do. They just assume mum will always be there and then when she isn't they realise they should appreciate her more.
I bet you are glad that your parents moved closer. Look into other options for their travel.
Can they buy their groceries online?
Is there public transpot they can take and do home delivery?
Does the local council provide other services.
What about taxis? They often do a discount for pensioners and it can be cheaper than maintaining a car.
Hugs Jenny.

Mrs Frizz said...

Sometimes it all just catches up on us ... today is another day and may it be a better one for you.

Smile!

Tracy said...

I hope you are feeling better today Jenny, a day of scrapping will hopefully make things a little easier to cope with. Good on you for taking yourself away for quiet time instead of taking it out on those closest to you. I hope your Dad is improving.

Anonymous said...

Hope your day of scrapping was a good one for you. It's rough when life spins out of our control sometimes. Good for you going on Strike and taking some time for yourself. Take as much time as you need.
Hope you get some good news with your Dad soon.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that it takes you closing the door & going on strike for the boys to help you out around the house. Good on Adrian though, giving them a rauk up!

I hope you have a better week this week. At least there will only be your juniors causing havoc at school.

Unknown said...

Try and take one day at a time, I know it is easier said than done! Your boys are old enough to produce a meal which should give you a break 2 nights of the week and ease the stress. This is an excellent time to get them doing this!
Glad that you enjoyed your day out scrapping.
Hope this week is better for you

Lara said...

sorry it's been tough Jenny. Yay for strikes!