Saturday, November 08, 2008

8th November 2008

In New Zealand, women have been able to vote since 1893 - that's 105 years! New Zealand women were the first women in the world to get this right. Many people in many parts of the world do not have this right. In the 80s I voted for all people to have the right to vote in South Africa.

So go and vote today - it is a right that many people are denied

6 comments:

Trace said...

Yep, all done and dusted. So have you come home to have egg on toast with apricot jam then LOL!??!

Anonymous said...

sure did, I feel that if people dont vote they can not complain about what happens in government.

Shelley said...

Yep I voted this year! Only my second time ever but really pleased that I have now :)

Not sure when you changed your background but it's GORGEOUS!!!

Lara said...

love your push :-) yep I voted. sorry your dad hasn't been well pleased there is some diagonsis though and that he's home!

Twobees said...

Yes Jenny, I voted. Its amazing the people that I've talked too and they voted this time for the first time ever, and a couple of them were over 50 and the rest were older than 30. I was shocked to say the least, I've voted since 18 and will always vote, can't complain unless you vote LOL

Danice said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! and yup I voted too :D