My Dad: can't drive for the forseeable future and probably not ever again. Thise leaves me to be the taxi-driver to the doctor, the vet, the dentist, the supermarket etc. I was really depressed on Monday night and Tueday about this. Thanks goodness my parents live close by and it's easy to get to them.
The seniors left today - YAY!!! I was at the point where I was more worried about their exams than they are.
Juinors start writing exams tomorrow. That means lots of marking for me but it means that Ross write exams too. Right now Ross is learning the countries of Europe and Asia-Pacific. When I asked him if he had anything to learn, he said, "No" but then I found all this stuff in his school bag! ARGH! He's as bad as my seniors
Colin has his College entrance test next week and I'm stressing over that too
Scrapping on Saturday and I can't wait! I have a very cool little project up my sleeve for everyone but everyone else will be more creative than me so theirs will look better! I have started my first prototype and got as far as the paint and now I'm stuck!
Hubby is off to Seattle on Friday to a Sequel Server convention (don't know if I've even spelled that correctly but it's a Database) - boys and I can eat pizza for dinner!
9 comments:
Sorry to hear about your Dad Jenny. All the best.
I think it's a boy thing, with the school work, LOL, although I'm sure there are boys who don't and girls who do!
Have a nice day on Saturday, and enjoy the time with your boys while hubby is away.
Hey Jen - it might seem a bit too much at the moment but it will settle down. Ross will do well & so will Colin stop stressing. Enjoy your scrapping & have a wonderful day. Love to all Jen.
Oh my goodness Jenny- you sound so very busy! Don't know how you do it all!! Do stop worrying about EVERYTHING though, your drive yourself mad!! xx
wow thats a lot of stuff going on in your world. Gosh this year has just flown by. Enjoy your weekend.
Babe - that's a lot of stuff to have to deal with. No wonder you're feeling down about it.
It is a problem when folks can't drive anymore. Taxis do offer senior discounts though, as do trains and buses. It's not as convenient as a car, but they won't be totally stuck at home. Are they internet savvy or could they be trained to order their groceries online perhaps?
I'm sure your project will look great.
So sorry to hear about your Dad Jenny. Lucky for him and your mum they have you near by.
As a thought, the Regional council have mobility vouchers to aid in getting around - 50% of taxi fares. I know my MIL gets hers via the stroke foundation since her stroke, but if you call your local council, they may be able to point you in the right direction. Hopefully that can help you out from time to time - especially with the silly season being so close.
Good luck to Ross for his exams.
Enjoy your pizza tomorrow night then! Sorry to hear about your Dad, must be a shock for him too, losing his independence like that - it will be hard going while you all iron out the best way of making this work for you all. Enjoy your weekend scrapping.
Hi Jenny! My goodness, your blog is looking gorgeous!
LOL at your son. Argh, boys! They will age us prematurely!
I am sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you had a wonderful day scrapping on Saturday.
Post a Comment