Friday, August 08, 2008

A small vent

We live in a fairly small suburb so I have always told my boys to be careful what they do as they don't know who is watching them.

Well, the same applies to most of New Zealand .... some one always knows what you are doing and more imprtantly can get hurt by these actions.

So that's where I am - hurt. People who I thought were friends not telling me about an event so I perceive this as a lie of omission.

People who make plans and try to pass it off as something that happened a long time ago.... meantime a discussion has happened and none of that was mentioned

People who break my confidence and "tell tales"

So some of this is work related, but much of it has happened in what should be a fun area of my life and I honestly did not like being treated like a mushroom .... keep me in the dark and feed me sh*t!! I am sick of DRAMAH.

I'm feeling hurt, left out and let down and want to just disappear into the sunset until all these people (and they're all women) realise they're not the only ones with feelings and that I have them too. I know I try very hard to accommodate people and yes, I get it wrong but hopefully I'm able to apologise ... something which is lacking from some of these "friends".

Okay enough - I'm off to buy curry for dinner which I'll share with my husband and have a glass or three of wine and I should feel better then

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs Jenny, there must be something in the air because I am feeling similarly tonight.
I thought I had a group of good friends up at DD's school but it seems they are organising social activities without me. It sure hurts. I feel like gathering my little family close to me and shutting the door.
I've decided to concentrate on my family and other friends for awhile.
I hope you can work through it.

Mrs Frizz said...

You vent all you like - you're allowed ...

Hope you enjoyed your curry and wine or three - lol.

Take care and smile.

Penny said...

I'm sorry you're feeling down babe. I know I've been hurt by work "friends" not bothering to keep in touch after I've left, and strange vibes I get now I'm back for a bit. It's not nice, and I guess I've learned who my real friends are from it.

Roo said...

Oh no Jenny that is not nice. Some people do not deserve to know someone as nice and helpful and kind as you = stuff em I say. Hugs matey - hope you doing okay today.

Irene said...

Can relate to how you feel as I have had similar experience. Women can be their own worst enemy at times