Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cupcakes!

Cupcakes are just so in at the moment and I don't mean the edible ones. Bath bombs, felt decorations, handbags - you name it - it has been turned into a cupcake. Here's my version:
A tea cosy



I'm making more and I will be selling them. I've seen them at Etsy for US$36 - what are they worth here? The next one is chocolate brown with lime green "icing". So leave me a comment by Sunday night and I'll do a draw to win this one and I will post/ship internationally.

16 comments:

Roo said...

Aww cute cupcake cosy - clever you.

Mrs Frizz said...

How delightful is that ... wow - go you!!!! Just gorgeous.

Cupcakes and owls are just everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a cool idea. It's a pity I don't have a teapot! :o)

Monique said...

So cute Jenny..and clever of you...and I know where I could find a good home for one of these!!

also have you thought of putting it on the kiwi version of etsy too http://www.felt.co.nz/...although I guess you get better $$ with etsy...

Lara said...

cute Jenny :-)

Trace said...

Very cute Jenny, but I'm with Beverley, I don't even own a teapot LOL!

Anonymous said...

I think its cute.......

Oscar T. Grouch said...

love my tea, those are the cutest cozies ever.

Penny said...

So cute!!!

Yeah - try Felt or the other NZ one, Toggle as well.

Irene said...

aww just love the thought of lime green icing (me being a lime green person :-) ) I think they are just so cute

Cheryl said...

heck you could always market them as winter hats to the southern uni crowd!!!!!!!

Me I would have to find a teapot first!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

Love your cupcake tea cosy Jenny, such a great idea, very clever!

Anonymous said...

Wowser! You make gorgeous quilts, you scrap and you knit too!

My teapot's a one cup so it'd get lost under that cupcake. Goodluck on Etsy.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, what happened to my comment?

I think it's so cool that you scrapbook, create gorgeous quilts and knit too!! Goodluck on Etsy.

Shelley said...

That's a very cool cupcake! They'd make great 'toilet roll covers' too :)

Lainie said...

Lol Shell. Cakes in the loo room?