Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Present











I got the best Christmas/birthday present: a cheetah encounter at Wellington Zoo. The zoo does animal encounters where people are able to interact with amongst others,the otter, red pandas, giraffes and of course the two cheetahs. I have said on numerous occasions that I would love to do a cheetah encounter but at $195 it was a bit beyond me. But my darling husband organised one for me! What an event! There was a whole parade consisting of me and the cheetahs through the zoo from their enclosure to another area where the encounter happens. Inside this enclosure it was just me, the cheetahs, a few zoo staff and Adrian taking photos. The cheetahs are lovely: they purr just like a domestic cat! Their fur is not as soft as a cat's but still quite soft. They just love the interaction and Charlie statrs purring from the moment his halter is put on. It was a wonderful magical afternoon.

No comments: