
On Sunday we went to Kapiti Island for our annual Christmas present from my mom and dad. We set off early and were soon on the boatfor the twenty minute trip from Paraparaumu. After listening to the guide's talk, Adrian and the boys were off up the Trig Track (straight up the mointain) while I took the more leisurely (!) Wilkinson Path. Ross ran up and would have been first up had Adrian not called him back for a photo (video) shoot. I plodded my way up and by the time I got to the "twenty minutes from the top" point, the mist had come down and there was just enough time for us to eat our lunch and start heading back.
We had to eat our lunch quickly not only because of time restraints, but the kakas were incredibly quick at pinching food out of one's hand or mouth. In the photos, each of us has a kaka on our shoulder.
On the "walk" back, I realised that there was no way I'd be doing this little jaunt again! (I've been suffering since then.) There were times when I would have been quite happy just to stay right where I was, I was so tired.
The two boys enjoyed themselves immensely, but I think Adrian and I wouldn't choose to do the trip again.
1 comment:
Wow, nice birds. I didn't know they would come that close.
Post a Comment