Today I did a cake decorating class. I have wanted to learn how to work with fondant and today I had my opportunity. First thing we did was make bows. Mine was supposed to be a pale green but I didn't realise how little of the colouring I needed
That meant I ended up with green hands too!
Next step was to cover the cake in butter icing. The teacher suggested that we do a first layer, chill in the fridge and then do a second layerPink fondant! Again, I used a bit more colour and ended up with a rather bright pink fondant
As my hands show!
Placing the stripes
The finished cake - roses, butterflies and glitter!
I really enjoyed this class and can see myself using fondant quite a lot - even for cupcakes!
1 comment:
Can i come for tea please, looks too gorgeous to eat. Can't wait to see the cupcakes. enjoy xxx
Post a Comment