This meant lots and lots of trips to the Hospice op shop and Trash Palace (a shop at the dump). She moved in on 16th January and even after that we spent a fair amount of time cleaning and getting rid of stuff at her old house. Two weeks later and she is almost settled and unpacked and is even joining in some of the activities there!
For me - my employment issues are still ongoing and I have a meeting with my lawyer on Monday. I have been struggling with my vision for a while now (read a few years) and finally I have a diagnosis - cataracts! The left eye one is quite bad, reducing my vision to -8 so I have a cataract operation on 9th February. This is all in addition to everything else that is going on!
I'm looking forward to school going back and getting into a routine where my mind will be occupied and busy
7 comments:
I am glad to hear they are sorting out your eye issues. I have had emergency surgery for retinal detachment of both eyes, and know how invasive and scary this can all be.hugs.h.
I'm sorry you have to have the op Jenny but if it improves your eyesight..Wow. It looks like I've missed something...have you had eye problems for long?
And thanks for visiting my blog! :D
Sorry about the op but you will be pleased with the results. Hope this weekend is good. love & hugs xxx
hope the surgery went well!!
we've had one week back...nice low numbers to wean us in!! lol!!
happy first week back
You won't know yourself when it is all over - it will be great big new world out there! Glad to hear your Mom is settling in to her new environment, it all might ease things for you
Bummer about the eyes - but the "good" thing is that the surgery normally has great results for patients.
Just catching up ... hope that your operation went well ... how's the eyesight now?
Post a Comment