
Happy New Year everyone! My hope is that this year is much much better than last year for me especially.
As they arrived, they all said hello. They were downstairs all night I was upstairs. They opened my wine, said thank you for what I'd provided (they all brought stuff too) and thanked me for having them there - all before they ate. When it was time to serve, they called me. One of the boys had done the cooking and they were sharing out the meat and were so kind to me giving me some of the nicer food. All evening they checked to see that I had enough to eat
Just before midnight, Ross got some glasses out and then called me to join them. They had some sparkling wine, I had my own. Both my boys hugged and kissed me and two of the visiting boys did too
I was so proud of my boys! I had a great evening even though it was the first time in 21 years I had been apart from Adrian on New Year's Eve
So this morning I got up and made pancakes for them! They had all slept over last night and I decided that I would treat them. Only problem is I didn't get any photos! I was sitting in my bed when they were leaving and they would oh so politely knock on the door to say good bye and thank you.
Now to plan a birthday treat for myself every day AND remember to take photos
7 comments:
2012 will be great & Happy New Year to you and Ross & Colin - lots of hugs & love.
Its nice when they appreciate what you do and include you as well. They sound like a great bunch of kids. Look forward to hearing all about your birthday month plans.
YAH for polite boys and their friends!!! happy birthday month jenny xxx
sounds like your lovely boys have good friends.... and that they enjoyed looking after you :)
That just sounds so nice - and love that photo! is it yours or 'borrowed' off the internet? Happy birthday month:)
mmmmpannnnccaaakkkesss
It sounds lovely Jenny! What great boys you have.
Post a Comment