Well, I have no idea when last it snowed in Wellington but if I find out I will update. Update: it last snowed in Wellington 40 years ago! It started at about 4.15pm and it was very very light. We took a few photos and thought it was all over but then it came down quite hard
Colin with a light sprinkling of snow on him
Me with a few flakes in my hair and on my arms
A light dusting on the protea tree
Then it snowed harder. This is with the outside light on and the snow in the light
The Mitsy covered in snow - and this was after the boys had already swept a lot off it
Looking over the back garden across the suburb
The branch of the tree that fell down
Braedon (a friend of the boy's) making a snow angel
All three boys having a snow fight
Colin in shorts!
Looking up to the main road
My footprints next to the path to the front door
And the power went out about 20 minutes after it started snowing! I had put a meal into the slow cooker much earlier today so we had a hot meal. The power did come back on just before 6pmThe kids loved it and went to the primary school with some of their friends to play in it. They came home around 6.30pm and headed straight for a warm shower then had dinner.
It was fun but I'm glad it won't last for too long
6 comments:
we has power dips but no outage!!!
love your pics...very cool
It is very exciting getting snow though and also very pretty. Everyone was very busy down here getting prepared for our lot. LOL
It makes everything look so pretty :)
Hows it all been today? still snowing? Worst snow for Welly for 40yrs they say!
WOW wow wow it looks gorgeous & I can't recognise your area. Hope you enjoyed it & the boys had fun.
It's great when it is a novelty but the novelty soon wears off!LOL
Post a Comment