So what do I do with mine?
Instead of vanilla beans I found this vanilla paste - works even better than beans!
And then what to do with the left over egg whites? Make meringues of course! My recipe uses three egg whites and one-and-three-quarter cups of castor sugar. But I had four egg whites. Just as well I can do Maths: divide by 3 multiply by 4 and there I had it - 2 and 1/3 cups of sugar - easy!

And then serve with strawberries, melted chocolate and cream! Yum
And I still have more egg whites left so tomorrow night we will have Baked Alaska
6 comments:
yes that vanilla paste is great. No faffing about with scraping out seeds. I like creme brulee chilled best.
Looks so yummy .... can we come for tea please ! Back in Durbs Jen will catch up soon. Love & hugs xxxx
oh man!! if you lived closer I'd invite myself for dessert!!!
Oh yum. Not good for the waistline though. Oh well!
Thanks for the photo of the vanilla paste, someone else mentioned it and now I know what to look for.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
thanks for sharing
When can I come down for lessons? I haven't had Baked Alaska in forever!
Post a Comment