Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patrick's Day

I decided last night about 8pm that we needed something for St Patrick's Day so Green Velvet Cupcakes it was. They are chocolate with a whole bottle of green food colouring in the cake mix!
Not sure if you can see the green colour inside. I had very green fingers after finishing with the cake and the icing!
My Dad seems to be settling down but he is not at all well - poor, sick old man! It is so sad to see him as he is after knowing what a strong man he was. I really hope that my memories of him are as he was and not how he is now

Two of my form class students are in big trouble: one for forging his mother's signature in a note about not having time to do his homework! His parents, him and the senior staff had a meeting today about the issue. Just before the meeting, he came to ask if I would be there - in his words, "Because you'll support me, Miss". Gosh, I must be doing something right! Makes me feel like I am doing a good job there because I had already told him off this morning for such a silly decision. What I didn't tell him was that I used to forge my father's signature in my sister's homework when I was about 8! Another of students also had a telling off from me and I warned him that he would not be playing the next Touch rugby game if there was any more bad behaviour. What happened? That day there was more bad behaviour; however, I am going to relent on him not playing Touch on Tuesday because of his mature attitude today and that he did not ask me to change my mind!

Colin is so pleased with himself as he got a Merit grade in his first Maths internal assessment. Ross has saved enough money to buy himself a really nice flat screen TV - he is thrilled with it and is making his bedroom into a real haven for himself

Then, from 26th April I will be a single parent as my husband has decided that he needs to be away from us for a while :-( We'll cope, the kids and I; we're already talking about what we'll do and how we'll manage. Although this couldn't have come at a worse time

5 comments:

TracyP said...

Jenny those cupcakes look devine!!
Your Boys are sure something to be super proud of .. and the rest all I can offer is ((hugs)) and love xxx

mandyb said...

yeah those cupcakes are yummo!!!
as for the teacher you are!! YAH for making a difference in their lives....so great that they can come to you!!!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hey Jen we are behind you all the way. Mmmmmm didn't think you would be forging your Dad's signature LOL.
Green cupcakes looked yummy.
Love & hugs

Mrs Frizz said...

what can I say - cupcake icing looks absolutely divine - but I don't know about the cupcake itself ... it just doesn't look right to me ... sorry!

And go you on the students ... you can be proud of yourself ... you are making a difference in their lives.

Penny said...

oh man. dunno what to say. {hugs}