Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day off

Friday we had the day off; coincidently the same day as the Day of Mourning in Chch. I was busy - mainly with things for my mom and dad.

Saturday I had the "day off" - I went scrapping! And had a wonderful day. I did one l/o - it was originally going to be about Adrian's dressing gown but I changed it to a l/o about my sewing
Then, I decided earlier in the week that I wanted to make a travel diary. There is no FaceBook or Blogger in China so I wanted a diary to make brief notes in rather than a travel album. With the help of Tracy and the ideas she showed me, a purchased 19cm x 14cm photo album I bought, the excess PL notecards that Heidi sent me and my scraps bag, I came up with this:
Clock museum
Science & technology Centre
Ancient observatory
Great Wall
Happy Valley Theme Park
Overnight train
Xian School
Terracota warriors
Maglev Train
Yu Gardens, Science Museum and Tangram centre
Water Township
University
Extra pages

A few pages to finish and my diary is done! There are pockets for tickets etc that I pick up on the way. Not a work of art, but I'm very pleased none the less

Oh, it's a school trip and we leave in four weeks time

7 comments:

Nicki said...

Very cool idea that travel journal. I love it.

TracyP said...

Ohhhhhh Jenny!!!! You totally blew that out of the water! It is Brilliant!!!! Well done you!!!!!

Penny said...

that looks great - it will be very handy. When do you go?

topkatnz said...

Wow, fantastic work! and yay for you getting some 'you' time:)

Lainie said...

This is Brilliant Jenny. I'm keeping this for reference.

mandyb said...

Jenny the album is GREAT..i love it!!! very cool!!! it will work so well, while you are away!!!

Jenny in Durbs said...

woo hoo looks great, you did a great job & its going to be fantastic.