Thursday, March 31, 2011

Knee

So the diagnosis was a dislocated knee-cap. I spent Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in bed and as my Mom says, for someone who can't spend four hours in bed, I must have felt awful. I was also really, really sick from the pain killers so could keep nothing down. (I know, TMI!) I saw the physio on Wednesday and have got gentle stretch exercises to do every hour - and yes, I am doing them! He says I will be on the plane in China in 16 sleeps without crutches! I think I may just take one as my "insurance".

Then .... THANK YOU ........ this is what was waiting outside my door for me today. This lady I have met ONCE ... yes, only once. She is part of a tiny Australian scrapbook forum to which I belong ...four or five Aussie ladies and me. Because we have all been on the Board for such a long time, we're quite close (funny to say that) and we share a lot of our day-to-day events

Packed in a cute little black and white box that looks like a great scrapbook goodies container!


I tell you - this lifted my spirits no end today.

Thank you Alicia - you have made a huge difference to me today

6 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

That would be a huge 'ouch' ... and flowers will always cheer someone up ... you enjoy them.

alicia said...

Jenny, I'm glad I could do a little thing to cheer up your day. And I hope you enjoy that new little bird.

Penny said...

lovely flowers :)

Penny said...

lovely!

topkatnz said...

I hope your doc has got it right, and your recovery is speedy!

mandyb said...

glad the flowers made your day...arent they stunning!!!

may your knee get better very soon jenny..and you be fighting fit for your trip away!!!