Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Thank you

.... for your kind thoughts either here or via email.

My Mom and I got to the hospital at 10.45 am and packed up my Dad's things very quickly. He put on his own pyjamas (he was wearing a hospital "nighty" - how demeaning is that) and got into his wheel chair.

Then we had the meeting. The young registrar came in and first off apologised for what had happened yesterday. He then said that he would phone the GP tomorrow morning and get my Dad's antibiotics sorted out. He agreed that my Dad should just be kept safe, happy and comfortable. My Dad will have to have blood transfusions every three or four months but I have had a note put on his records that it is transfusion only and then he will go home. I got him home just before 11.45 am and he was so pleased to be home!

He is looking much better already (I saw him this afternoon), my Mom is happier and I don't feel so stressed!

2 comments:

mandyb said...

wow just read the last blog post....that is NUTS!!!
i am glad it is better today!!!! not the best at a stressful time!!!

glad your dad is home!!!

Jenny in Durbs said...

So glad to hear your dad is at home & happy. You are a fabulous daughter Jen & I am sure your Mom must be so glad to lean on you. Love & hugs