Saturday, December 04, 2010

Negleted

And no photos either

So my five year "blog-aversary" came and went and I forgot!

School is busier than ever and you'd think with the seniors gone it would be a cruisey time - NO. So much to get ready for next year, not to mention I'm moving classrooms so all my junk has to move. One would think it would be a good time to go through all my resources and recycle what I'll never use again; however, that is not the case - I've just sent the boxes across as they are. At the moment I have no cupboards or shelves there either so everything is just on the floor. Then there's end-of-year reports etc and I can't wait to come home to do my part-time NZQA work!

Colin went to the Marlborough Sounds last week for a three day camp: tramping, kayaking and cycling and he had a wonderful time ........ until he came off his bike and grazed one elbow badly and sprained and strained bones and ligaments in the other. At least he didn't have to go back to school for the rest of the week so has been able to rest/ice/stretch his arm.

Adrian's birthday today and we went to Monsoon Poon for dinner - always a treat!

My Dad continues to slowly decline. I arranged to have the District nurses come in to dress his foot. Today's one talked him into having an amputation ... next week! She only sees his foot and knows nothing about his heart, lungs, kidneys, state of mind etc. I'm going to say No as I'm not prepared to send him for such a big op and an anaesthetic 12 or fewer days before his 87th birthday. He is so looking forward to turning 87 as he will then be the "oldest Woods".

We also put up the Christmas lights today along with most of the neighbourhood and already we have "tourists" driving around. I love to hear the children's voice and the wonder and excitement that they get.

Summer has arrived here and the weather for the past week has been simply glorious - long may it last!

I will get around to a family letter this year .... I hope!

4 comments:

mandyb said...

hey glad to hear you are well....i must pop over to get my BG kit!!!!

love the lights in your street...they are the best!!!!

all the best for the end of year madness

Penny said...

yes, it is a very busy time of year.

Your poor Dad - hope he isn't in too much pain. :(

Jenny in Durbs said...

Glad your lights are up, they always look so good. Hope Colin is feeling better now. Prayers for your Dad always. Love & Hugs.

topkatnz said...

Happy belated blogiversary! 5years is a bit of a milestone - I have no idea when I started mine!