Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas!

Happy Christmas everyone! Here's our tree with our presents underneath. We all got iPads so there isn't much under the tree this year. In previous years, I would wrap the presents at night when the boys went to bed; this year I wrapped them in the morning before they woke up!
Last night we had "Christmas in the cul-de-sac": our current very enterprising Head Boy asked me if he could organise a choir, a sausage sizzle and a raffle to happen in our cul-de-sac to raise money for the Salvation Army. The other residents were happy so he went ahead and organised everything. What a great evening it was! He had the help of quite a few other prefects, the Head of Music and the choir and they raised $707.30 for the Sallies! he was so pleased and rightfully so. Here are some members of the choir singing in our driveway. I have already told him if he wants a reference for anything to give my name - I will sing his praises!
My Dad is declining and we have Hospice nursing help now. My Mom is going to get home help and will also get some respite care early in the New Year. We are taking Christmas lunch to their house tomorrow as my Dad will not be able to walk from our driveway to the rumpus where we were planning on setting up the dining room. And if I'm carrying everything downstairs, I might as well put it in my car.
Have a wonderful day tomorrow and hug your family close.

2 comments:

mandyb said...

glad the fundraiser went well. nice to catch up with you the other day....hope christmas went well for you all.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hope your Christmas was wonderful, we are just off the beach, going to lunch at the local Mozambique restaurant. Love & hugs to all
Prayers for your Dad.