Friday, December 17, 2010

Nearly Christmas

Well, my parents had their 59th wedding anniversary on Wednesday! We celebrated by picking up a wheelchair for my Dad and then went to Palmer's Garden Centre for a light lunch. In the evening we got Chines takeaways and had sparkly wine with it.

Thursday my Dad had his 87th birthday. In the morning a few friends went round for tea and cake and in the evening we went to The Fisherman's Table for dinner. he enjoyed it but I thought that the service was very poor. In fact, I started clearing the table at one point as the staff were standing around holding up the walls. He asked me a couple of times how old he was. His mind is fading fast. It's just so sad - from such a powerful man responsible for so many people and so much to what he is today. He spoke to some friends from South Africa and a few minutes later couldn't remember it.

Both my doctor and his doctor have been fantastic in their support for him. My doctor made a house call and has phoned me to see how things are going. Don't get many doctors like that nowadays. Their doctor has also been great, but has been on extended sick leave. Both doctors are from the same mould, I think, kind, compassionate and caring.

Colin is 15 on Sunday - where have those 15 years gone? I remember just yesterday the discussion as to what Adrian and toddler Ross would do on Christmas Day as it was possible I would still be in hospital. I remember asking the doctor to discharge me on Christmas Eve and going straight to the baby shop to buy a double pram!

So today he and four friends went to PaintBall and are now playing PS etc downstairs. They finished off 22 mini pizzas for dinner!

Adrian has his office party tonight and I will fetch him and drop the friends off at the same time.

Hopefully I will be going scrapping tomorrow - not that I have anything prepared to actually scrapped. Well, I'll go for a couple of hours and then come back to finish working.

1 comment:

mandyb said...

gosh such a hard time jenny.... and with so many other things on at this time....hope now work has finished you can take some time out to relax and re-charge!!!