Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Long weekend

My Mom and Dad on Christmas Day
The boys cuddling on Christmas Day


Here in NZ we have had a four day weekend - it's been lovely even though the weather hasn't been great. A storm started during the night and early this morning I was constantly aware of rain against the windows. The wind was so strong - at times was gusting up to 120 km/h. Finally the rain stopped about 2pm and the sun came out around 4pm

I have spent much of the weekend crafting - I completed 12 UFOs (unfinished objects - l/os); completed a new one which is a lot of journalling to my sons about nothing ever being that bad and that parents will always love them. Then I started my BasicGrey calendar. it took me about 6 hours all up and we had to go out today so that I could get some photos for it.

We went out about 1.30pm after the rain abated and I also got photos to finish my Project 12 l/os .... which sadly are only up to May! We also bought new sheets and a towel at 25% off.

I love relaxed weekends like this - we eat when we are hungry and go out if we want to - in fact, today was the first time that we went to the shops since Christmas Eve!

My Dad is still about the same, but the decline is faster now. My Mom is taking strain as she virtually has to do everything for him. I'm pleased that we have Hospice involved so that the support is there. I hope that tomorrow is a nice day so that I can take them out for a drive and some tea/coffee somewhere.

5 comments:

mandyb said...

wasn't that weather just ridiculous!!!

i too am enjoying NOT going near the shops!!! so much more peaceful!!!

that calendar sounds fun too

topkatnz said...

Sorry the weather over the weekend was a bit bad for you - we've had a hot few days - well, weeks actually! Gosh don't you look like your Mum.

Penny said...

good to see some photos of your folks Jenny. And the cuddlesome boys! Gives me hope I'll still get hugs from mine ;)

Nicki said...

Love those cuddles! I like that photo of your mum and dad.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Nice to see the boys & your folks.Sounds like a good day - hope 2011 is magical for you all.