Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Holiday part 2

We checked into our hotel at 5.30am after our dreadful flight. We had a shower and a cup of tea and then went to bed. I can't remember when last I went to bed at 6am in the morning! I woke up around 9.30am and we had coffee and checked our emails. I woke the boys up around 11am - they wanted breakfast! We met my friend Tracy Palmer for lunch. Then she and I and her lovely children walked around. I took this photo of the Sky Tower (standing at the base looking up) that I've wanted to take for a long time.

Friday morning we got up and headed for Devonport on the ferry to have brunch





The first building walking up from the ferry



After breakfast, the boys went to the library to use the free internet and I walked up and down and looked in all the shops. What a wonderful morning I had! This photo is looking down from the top of the street


On the ferry on the way back

On the waterfront is the count down to the Rugby World Cup 2011
Then we went to MOTAT (Museum of Transport and Technology)

Trains ..... of course


The tram that travelled from Motat to the Aviation building




At the Aviation building

On the way back from the Aviation building, the tram was really full. At the Zoo, a mom and two young children got in. Straight away Ross stood up so that she could sit. I was so proud of him!

1 comment:

Penny said...

The tram is always a big hit with my 2 :)