I've just spent this week in Palmerston North at a Maths Teachers' convention. Some great stuff, some incredibly boring stuff. And I learned some things about my colleagues too! Lots of boring keynote speakers, many of whom were directing their talk at primary school teachers and there weren't many of them there. There were a few interesting ones. Then it was workshops - some really good ones and others again not so good. I loved listening to the couple who took a group of students to Europe to see where Pythagoras, Archimedes and Euclid lived and worked ....... now how can I organise something like that? Casio were the major sponsors and were handing out lots of prizes. I was lucky enough to win the most amazing calculator - has a drag and drop feature and a stylus amongst others. For those more geeky than me, it's a ClassPad 330-A worth about $300
I had the smallest room in the motel unit - literally when I stood in the centre of the room with my arms outstretched I could touch the walls all around me! I learned that some of my colleagues didn't do any dishes or anything else to help tidy up and that others needed everything to be spotless all the time. And they probably learned lots of quirky things about me too! Sleep didn't happen too much because the bed was so uncomfortable and because I was expected to party with them (not my scene). I met a card maker - we were in a class and she and I both wanted some photos of the finished product. She put the items on the floor and stood over them to take a photo. I asked her if she was a scrapbooker and she wanted to know why I asked that question - well, who else puts stuff on the floor and stands over them to take a photo! We have made plans to met at Senz in Chch. All made from regular geometric shapes made from folding A4 (or A5 etc) paper
I had the smallest room in the motel unit - literally when I stood in the centre of the room with my arms outstretched I could touch the walls all around me! I learned that some of my colleagues didn't do any dishes or anything else to help tidy up and that others needed everything to be spotless all the time. And they probably learned lots of quirky things about me too! Sleep didn't happen too much because the bed was so uncomfortable and because I was expected to party with them (not my scene). I met a card maker - we were in a class and she and I both wanted some photos of the finished product. She put the items on the floor and stood over them to take a photo. I asked her if she was a scrapbooker and she wanted to know why I asked that question - well, who else puts stuff on the floor and stands over them to take a photo! We have made plans to met at Senz in Chch. All made from regular geometric shapes made from folding A4 (or A5 etc) paper
I am very glad to be home: glad to be in my own bed, have what I like for breakfast, sleep late, have coffee delivered to me in bed in the morning and eat home cooked food.
Here's my room - taken from the doorway and then from the opposite side. You can judge the size from where my laptop bag is.
4 comments:
Glad to have you back !! from the look of things you must be so happy to be home. Have a great time for the rest of your holidays.
That sure is a wee room!
Yep, there is nothing better than the comforts of home!
Small!!!! I always am much happier in my own bed too. :)
Poor you being cramped up in that tiny little space! I am also happy to be back in my own bed in my nice big bedroom & back on my pc as I don't have a laptop so was out of internet action for the last 2 weeks. LOL the way you spotted another scrapper ;-D
Post a Comment