So SBO has had this GOK inspired competition running. Most of the challenges have been way beyond my abilities (thinking fabric, sewing, lace, etc, etc) and also the last three weeks of term have been really busy, not to mention the stress with Sally. Now this week was different - lots of Keeping it Simple Scrapping so I managed quite a few. There was lots of "white" space, "cheap" ie under $5 (now that I can do!) and then to do any scrapping but must use inking or glimmermist. Here are my l/os:
All three
Cheap: around $2 - all our Senz l/os and us in the middle
Another less than $2 l/o
Inked (and also less than $2) The paper was hideous on the right side but the "wrong" side was perfect for this l/o. It came with the stitching on it
Then this morning I heard what sounded like a duck quacking outside. I went outside and this is what I saw:
How she got into our courtyard I have no idea and we are nowhere near a river or lake. We opened the gate for her and off they waddled. I hope she got somewhere safe!
And today is the start of Daylight Saving! It's just gone 7.30pm and the light has just faded. So for those in South Africa, we are now eleven hours ahead of you
6 comments:
Fabulous layouts. Love how the 2009 one turned out ... and the paint one is fantastic with the real paint samples used. How nice having a duck family visit.
Wow, you are doing great with all your entries! The colour paint is especially interesting and fun.
Lol at the Ducks, how adorable.
Love your LOs Jenny, just shows that you dont need to spend heaps to create a master piece! What a sweet duck family :-)
Hey Jen the l/os are gorgeous - well done. Where did your visitors appear from they are too lovely - you'd better becareful or Colin will adopt them.
Hi Jenny, oh my gosh you've been busy.
You did so well within the price constraints of the challenge/s.
One thing I particularly like about your scrapping style is that you tell your stories so well and don't let the papers takeover the layouts.
While gorgeous to look at, I find a lot of the LOs I look at around the blogs and in the forum galleries aren't actually telling the story too well. I wonder if in years to come if future generations would learn much about their ancestors from the layouts. I think they certainly would from yours.
Re. the ducks. Lucky you getting a surprise visit from such cuties :)
Yep those challenges are more you :) I'm afraid I haven't had a chance to enter the last couple. Ducklings are sweet.
Post a Comment