Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday

It's a wet, miserable day here today and I really need to go out! I need to have some photos developed and I have to get shoes and socks for Ross. He is off to Auckland on Monday for the Barbershop Nationals and his shoes broke on Friday! He also needs enough black socks for three days and only has one pair .... did he tell me? Of course not, I had to work this out. Oh and of course we need some kind of headset thingy for the PS3 - and that is the most important shopping of all .... isn't it?

Hubby is in Akl so I have to do all the laundry - three loads done already but I can't hang it outside so the garage looks like a Chinese laundry and the tumble drier is working hard.

The update on Sally is not good: she had blood tests on Tuesday when she went in and again on Friday when she came home. After being on a drip with fairly strong antibiotics her blood tests results were worse. She could have necrotising pancreatitis, or hemolytic anaemia or possibly a tumour. She has strong antibiotic tablets and a steroid tablet. I have to go back on Tuesday for more blood tests which I suspect will show a further decline. We could have an ultrasound or a biopsy but I'm not sure all those many tests are worth it (both financially or emotionally) when the outcome will all be the same.

I have decided that I am going to buy expensive food for her (Hills Science Diet), give her all the little treats she likes as I think her decline will be quite fast.

However, I could be wrong .......

6 comments:

Julie said...

ohh no Jenny poor Sally. I really hope that she improves.

Nicki said...

I hope she improves to Jenny.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Sorry to hear bout Sally but she has had the very best famly & been very loved.
LOL about Ross & his socks - boys will be boys. Tel him to sing like an angel.

Anonymous said...

Everything crossed here that Sally improves. :)

topkatnz said...

Oh dear Jenny - just caught up with your sad news(sorry, not having your blog updating on my reader is causing me to miss a lot!). Poor, poor Sally - hoping that she is home with you now. Our cats decline was very fast, and it was a really tough time. My heart goes out to you both.

Penny said...

oh dear... doesn't sound too good. :(

*rolls eyes at the sock incident* I have a friend who only buys one colour socks so all of them match! ;)