I have been noticing that she has been getting thinner and on Tuesday night she was sleeping quite happily on my desk but got up all of a sudden and threw up on the floor. I then couldn't find her when I went to bed which created a huge search outside; I even went for a drive in my car in the hopes that she would be waiting at the door fo me when I got back. She does that when I go out and if I'm out for the day/weekend she waits patiently at the door for me. Anyway back to looking for her - I couldn't find her anywhere and finally I found her curled in a ball downstairs under a chair.
Tueday morning I took her to the vet and the diagnosis was liver/pancreas disease. They put her on a drip with some anti-biotics and upped those when one of her blood tests came back with a very high white cell count. She is still in the cat hospital and will probably only come home Friday afternoon. It could have been a tumour but our lovely vet said she had a feeling that it wouldn't be that serious
I miss her so much! The space that she takes up on my desk is so empty and I can't wait to have her home
6 comments:
Hope she is home soon Jenny!
Oh no Jen but I am sure she will be fine when you get her home. I can just imagine it must be very quiet for you without her. Love & hugs.
:( It is horrible when they're sick.
Oh poor Sally, I hope you have her home soon Jenny!
I'm sorry for your troubles, Jenny.
When pets are sick, to me, it is just like having a sick baby, because they can't tell you what's wrong, and they can't tell you if they are feeling better. It just makes it so much harder, and increases the amount of worry.
I am thinking of you both and pray that Sally will be well and home very soon.
Oh dear Jenny I am very sorry to hear all this...and the next post says the news was worse than expected...I am so sorry. It is also a worry in the back of my mind to me about my two kitties too...they are so precious...
Post a Comment