Well, the quilt for our godson is finished! I am so pleased - and these are the daylight ones. I had it professionally quilted by Sue Burnett who has two huge industrial quilting machines. I would have been happy with straight up and down lines but I am soooo pleased with the stars etc she has put in. I finished the binding tonight so that we can give it to him tomorrow when everyone comes for a Father's Day lunch. I hope that he loves it as much as Colin loves "Quilty" given to him in 2000 by our friends in the US. "Quilty" goes every where - in fact, as I type he is sitting cuddled up with "Quilty"
The complete quilt

One of the panels
A closer view
Here he is snuggled under it - he is now so possessive over it - Adrian was trying to
take it from him but he wouldn't let go - I am so pleased
10 comments:
I am in shock! I have no idea why but on my blog roll your last post is stated as the one I last commented on called "Going Private" so I thought all these weeks that you weren't posting! I was wondering WHY and if you were OKAY then I clicked your name because I am moving my blog roll & I see all these posts! Oh dear I am so sorry...will have to pop in & catch up soon ;-(
I don't use a google reader BTW - I access all the blogs I follow directly from my blog & as everyone updates so they move up to the top so that I know there is a new post& I have my settings set with the Title of the new post to show but it is not working for your blog! I had thought maybe you were away or something LOL...
Have come back to read the post LOL! Gorgeous quilt - what a labour of love ;-D I follow one other private blog but it is Wordpress and it DOES show the updates if you have it on your sidebar...weird huh...I have often heard people singing it's praises better than blogger but no ways I'm learning all this again!!
Oh wow, Jenny, the quilt is a real work of art! That is definitely something to be treasured for years to come.
Love the trains too!
Oh wow, Jenny, the quilt is a real work of art! That is definitely something to be treasured for years to come.
Love the trains too!
Very effective with the stars - hoping he loves it.
Jenny, This is gorgeous. Yes the quilting does look gorgeous. I've started a quilt for my DS and it will have stars too. I think the narrow striped middle border really helps set it off.
I finally worked out my google login so now I can go and read all your blog posts I've missed.
Beautiful! Lots of work in that and it has turned out great :) My son loves his tractor quilt his Nan made him. :)
Love that quilt Jenny!
Its fantastic & what a wonderful gift. It will be his pride & joy I am sure. Now what about the new little one ?
Post a Comment