Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Flu!

Yes - we have it in our house! Ross asked for a ride home today (something he never does) as he said his body was aching and he had a headache. He's been in bed all afternoon and has been drinking blackcurrant juice which is all he feels like. We are doing nursing shifts tomorrow: Adrian will do the morning shift and I'll come home at lunch time. We had a 60% absentee rate at school today so lots of our kids are sick.

Ross had better be better tomorrow night as we have tickets for Starlight Express! I am so looking forward to that. I was doing some reading about the show and one of the characters in SE is based on one of the engines from the Thomas series! Just the ticket for us.

And right now my SIL is sitting at Johannesburg airport waiting to board her 1pm flight!!

5 comments:

Penny said...

oh poor boy - I hope he doesn't have to miss the show. Not surprised at the 60% - there are so many bugs around right now.

Ella Swan said...

Flu is all around the world at the moment. Poor Heidi's house is full of it & I am suffering seriously too! It is really annoying but as we are blessed with general great health we shouldn't complain! Still - I am so hopeless at playing the patient. Hope Ross is better & you enjoy the musical ;-D

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hope Ross feels better its not good at all. You will love starlight - we all did. In Singapore & waiting for our connecting flight.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing nice about the flu, that's for sure.

Wishing Ross a speedy recovery and fingers and toes crossed the rest of the family don't catch it.

mandyb said...

oh no re the sicknesses.... hope you all get better soon