Monday, March 24, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

and it's not over yet! Yay - the boys and I still have tomorrow off. I sewed Ross' dressing gown - he was so pleased he showered so he could put it on straight away. I sewed another pair of sleeping shorts for Adrian (cream so now he matches with the sheets and duvet cover lol). I cut out and sewed the border to my "postcards" for my quilt. Now I have 48 squares which will need to be sewn together. I also used a very old T-shirt of Adrian's that had photos on of very young boys. I found lots of fabric in my sewing cabinet so I will use one of them for the backing of my quilt and I think I must sell the rest on TradeMe. I am feeling a lot happier about my quilt as I was ready to give up on Tuesday last week.

We relaxed and just had a great weekend. I made Hot Cross buns and turned the leftovers into a very yummy Hot Cross Bun & Butter pudding that we had for breakfast. I made butter chicken from scratch and it was yummy. We had a wonderful brunch yesterday and super blue cod for dinner. Tonight my Mom and Dad came over and we had a bbq.

We also did a bit of shopping today and I got a typist's chair for my sewing. It beats the uncomfortable little stool I have been sitting on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great weekend! And very creative and productive by the sounds of it!
Oh I LOVE butter chicken from scratch. It beats the bought or bottled stuff hands down!!!
Enjoy your 5th day off.

Penny said...

Butter chick is yum and very easy to make.

I hope you can find Adrian in bed... he might be too camouflaged! LOL!

Now we need to see pics of the quilt. Don't try and get out if posting that you sneaky woman.

Mrs Frizz said...

Sounds as though you had a wonderfully creative weekend ... and do we get to see the young man in his dressing gown, modelling said dressing gown???

How's the new chair?