On Tuesday, 9 or 10 Yr 10s (Form 4) broke into my classroom at lunch time by opening the door from the inside. They put their arm in through the window next to the door. They moved many of my posters and work kids had done and then opened up my cupboard. In my cupboard they moved glue sticks all over, took a personalised stamp and stamped desks. I had half a bag of sweets for rewards - they ate all of them. A Graphics caculator is also missing.
I was so angry about it because I care so much about my classroom. It's one thing to go into a classroom, but completly another to go through the teacher's personal things and steal/eat hat's there. The last time I felt like this was in South Africa when our house was broken into.
I have calmed down about it now, but on Tuesday I felt as though I needed a stiff drink when I got home.
Edited to add that someone recognised one of them and told me - I just passed that name on to the Dean and she found the rest. Don't know yet what punishment they'll get, but at the least I expect a contribution to replacing the sweets and an apology - I'm not holding my breath though.
Anyway, five lovely days off ahead of me and I have lots to do - sewing, quilting, scrapping
2 comments:
I don't blame you for being angry - that is terrible! >:-|
Do they know which of the little @#$ did it?
I would be fuming too. That is just awful.
Post a Comment