Friday, February 01, 2008

New Year

The boys start school on Monday:

Colin in Yr 8 at Intermediate and he will be with Mrs Smith who taught Ross for two years! Woo hoo! We are so pleased about that! [Problem - what do we buy for the teacher to whom we have already given Christmas presents two years in a row? Answer - Bottles of Lindauer Fraise (her favourite) and a champagne stopper]

Ross in Yr 9 at College (first year) and he is in a streamed class! Another woo hoo! He is also with Josh (one of his friends) and Changling with whom he had many maths discussions last year

I hope they both have a great year ahead of them

And me? I have a weak Yr 12, a weak Yr 11, a weak to ordinary Yr 10 and an ordinary Yr 9. Don't feel sorry for me with tthe weak classes, as I like them and one can make more of a difference with weak kids than the brighter ones. Bright kids are easy to teach; weak kids present a challenge so I'm looking forward to it

2 comments:

Lara said...

yep, average or above average children don't need as much teaching as everyone else... you can really make a difference with children/young adults who NEED your support, encouragement and teaching skills! go you! That's why I loved teaching in South Auckland.

Penny said...

Yeah - I always enjoyed teaching the foundation students library stuff because they responded so positively to it. So rewarding.