Outside Richmond is a PYO berry farm and we usually stop to pick raspberries and whatever else they have. We stopped on Sunday and the PYO were finished but we did buy some raspberries and strawberries that were delicious. e stopped again yesterday to buy more raspberries but there were none left. Ross asked for an ice-cream which we've never had there before. He chose booysenberry and they make it on the spot - a block of vanilla icecream and a smaller block of frozen fruit all get put into a machine which pushed the fruit icecream out like a soft serve shape. We decided to have raspberry and it was delicious! I can't believe that in all the times we've stopped there we've never had one, but we'll be back.

It has been really hot here but started raining yesterday and is still raining today. Even so, at 8.15am this morning it as 24 degrees C inside this morning - that's with all the indos and curtains open overnight! My car has to go to the garage today (always when we get here :-) ) as the ABS system has no fluid left. The wind is also bloing a gale today - feels so much like Wellington!
Thanks for all the comments so far!
8 comments:
It looks delicious!
That sounds like a seriously yummy ice cream.
oh, how icecreamelous, my favourite sweets in this world!! Very hot here in SA also, need some more rain!
take care
k
xx
Yum, I love fresh fruit icecreams, so refreshing.
Yum, I love fresh fruit icecreams, so refreshing.
Yum, I love fresh fruit icecreams, so refreshing.
Oh Jenny that is so not fair I can feel that icecream sliding onto my hips as I look at it!
Sounds like you are having a ball...
Ohh we get fruit ice creams just like that at a berry farm in havelock when ever we are in the Hawkes Bay - very delicious. Glad you are enjoying your holiday, Jenny!
Post a Comment