We're back after a very pleasant crossing on the ferry. Of course, the seasick tablets helped as well as sitting in the middle of the boat so it was quite blustery, but I didn't feel anything. I have some photos but I need to go through them all and pick some to upload. We're all brown and had a wonderful two weeks in the sun just relaxing, eating when we felt like and what we felt like and reading lots of books.
Where shall I start? Momorangi Bay is just beautiful - it is a DoC campsite as well as a few bachs. We stayed in the green roofed cottage you can see in about the middle of the photo. Even though this photo was taken about ten years ago, only the trees and bushes have grown
It was wonderful to be able to just sit in our lounge and look out at the water. The boys would get up in the morning and just head for the beach. While we were there, we drove the long and winding road to The Portage. It was beautiful but if we ever go again, we will go by water taxi.
We also went across to Lochmara Lodge where we had a wonderful day and the boys spent lots of time in the water
Then we had a week in Nelson and although we spent lots of time on Rabbit Island, we were also there in the strong storm that passed over. Unfortunately we missed the pod of orca that came into the bay but we think we saw evidence of them being there - a number of chewed up rays on Rabbit Island beach. Also the storm at the beginging of last week brought down a few trees. This one fell right where we always used to spend the day
We also went back to Natureland and I saw a peachick for the first time - look how small it is!
They also had three of these birds that had been injured as chicks and would never survive in the wild - at least two groups of Kiwis did not know what they were!

What is it with Blogger that it cuts my internet connection every second or so??? It really makes me cross as I'm trying to upload photos and it just won't work!
2 comments:
It looks like a beautiful place!
Blogger sometimes has indigestion with photos. I often use Flickr instead and just use the URL option.
Wow, it sounds like a lovely holiday. I remember camping at Momarangi Bay when I was about 13 & it doesn't look as though it has changed much since I was there.
Post a Comment