Ross talked us into having a party for New Year's Eve - we had about 14 or 15 people for a bbq and it was great. We decorated the garage because it was rather windy out and had music and lights in there. We chatted, drank, admired the lights in the street, drank a bit more, ate our bbq, ate dessert and by then it was midnight. Our last guests left at 1am and we quickly cleared the garage so we could bring the cars back in.
New Year's Day was glorious so we packed the car, fetched my Mom and Dad and headed for Paraparam beach where there was a slight breeze blowing which was great for keeping us cool. We bought fish and chips at Fed Up fast food (on the beach front and a great place) and washed it down with Chardon or beer shandy. The boys had a got a volleyball/badminton set for Christmas and so the four of us had fun playing that.
Second New Year and we slept late and then stayed in bed reading and drinking coffee until 11.30am - what a treat! I spent the rest of the day sewing and then in the eveing we met my online Australian friend Alicia and her family for dinner. They are on holiday in NZ and slept over before catching the ferry to the SI. How amazing to have had almost every day contact with someone for about two years yet never met in real life
I have done no scrapping but have made Adrian a pair of sleeping shorts and a summer dressing gown. Tomorrow I will start Colin's gown and then one for Ross. I also have fabric to make a few skirts for myself but I will be last in the queue. Actually I finished off this l/o by cutting the title on my WishBlade - the first one I've done! It's quite a learning curve but I'm really pleased with what it does so far.
7 comments:
Sounds like a great new years
Lazy hazy days of summer :) Sounds all good.
Looks like you're having a great start to the new year Jenny :) Love your layout and looking forward to seeing what else you can do with your WB :)
It sounds like you have been having lots of fun. Partys, beach and crafty stuff. I love the colours in your layout!
What a lovely way to spend New Years day & Eve.
Sounds like a lovely start to 2008. Love your Laout!
oops, you know I meant Layout!
Post a Comment