Woke up this morning and even though my WishBlade was a combined Christmas/birthday present, I thought I might get something wrapped up (even if it was a $2 bath sponge) or at least a cup of coffee. Nothing ... not a "happy birthday", no coffee, no present, nothing. Not-so-DH left for work and about 20 minutes later I heard bth boys awake. Nothing from them either. I gave them ten minutes and then called out "Have you forgotten something?" yes, they had but they came bounding in with a present - wrapped in Xmas paper. Inside was a cool wine glass to replace the one I smashed last week (accident - don't ask - left me with three cuts in my hand) and a wine bottle stopper.
Before not-so-DH left for work, we heard a courier outside and I thought it was the boys' DVD that they ordered - it was my prize parcel from Fiskars! It was perfect as it felt like a birthday present had arrived. Inside was some very cool Heidi Grace papers, some HG embellishments and a silver coloured HG charm bracelet!
My parents took us out for lunch; a friend came for afternoon tea; another friend brought chocolates and flowers and we went out for dinner.
Oh, when did not-so-DH remember? About two hours after getting up and he phoned me very apologetically
7 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Oh NO, I dread my b'day being 'missed' Glad you had a nice lucnh out with your parents though. Cool prize from fiskars!!!
Oh dear - naughty DH.
Now that is the reason I make sure everybody knows my birthday is coming up lol
Nice that you got to have lunch with your parents
What a lovely prize to get from Fiskars & it arrived on the perfect day.
So... is the not-so-DH going to get taught how to program his phone to alert him EARLY on birthday morning? :-)
Happy birthday! Nice to see my daughter shares her birthday with you. ;-) Now I have no excuse to forget yours either! LOL!
Oh that stinks, sorry your special day didn't start out so well, like you said, it's the thought that counts, not necessarily a present, but that no one thought of you is worse. Glad they came through for you in the end, and that your parents remembered. And Fiskars even remembered, LOL!
Belated birthday wishes Jenny ... your DH ... well, just tell him that it can be very dangerous to one's health to forget one's birthday, namely his wife's. LOL. I feel sure that he won't forget next year.
Happy belated birthday from me to Jenny! So lovely that your Fiskars parcel arrived on your special day :)
Post a Comment