How did you get in to scrapping? In late 2002,I was invited to join a local group of ladies who were "scrapbooking". I'd never heard of it so went along to see. Even though they were the most unfriendly group of people I've ever met, I was hooked! I even got some paintbrushes and paint and my husband couldn't believe his eyes. I continued going to that group for a few months and discovered KiwiScraps and other mucher nicer scrappers. In September 2003 what was to become "Paper, Scissors Crop" was born and we are still going strong. In May of the following year, I ran my first ScrapCamp.
Why do I scrap? Because I love it! I love the friendships I have formed, I love that even uncreative me can be a little bit creative, I love telling the stories so one day my boys will remember better than I can remember my own childhood. I love going out once a month to have some "me" time.
Leave me a message and tell me your story
3 comments:
Hi Jenny, first of all I wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a message. Secondly, Apollo came home! And finally how did I get into scrapping? As is the same for many scrappers I went to a Creative Memories evening. At that point I didn't think I would carry it on because of the expense, but I loved the concept of creating life stories for my children and their children and their childrens children.....I got into scrapbooking seriously while living in America where I could build my stash for a very reasonable price! Now I just need more time lol. I find it so therapeutic and like you I love that I can be creative in my own way.
Oh boy, saw my neighbour's scrapbook for her nephew, and i was hooked, that was 4 years ago! i scrapbook because i am alive, and i have a story to tell!
love
k
xx
Hi Jenny,
It was 2002 & I wanted to get out of the house for some me time. James was 6 months old so I really wanted a bit of freedom. Hands were running a card making class & a scrapbooking class so I decided to take them both. Cards was alright but the concept of scrapbooking was what took me. I have photo albums from my childhood but there are no stories to them. I love the idea that I can tell the children their story. Even now my scrapping is really about the journalling because otherwise it may as well be a photo in a photo album.
A nice part of scrapping though is the friends you meet & make. I love to go out to crop once a month, & as you know your ScrapCamp is my yearly outing to meet all my North Island scrappy friends in person.
Post a Comment