Friday, May 11, 2007

Dancing with the Stars

My mom and I arrived at Avalon studios at 7.30pm and were given a group number. We were called in in groups and our names were on our chairs.Phil (from Lotto) did a bit of a warm up just after 8pm and then there was time for a practice opening. Before we knew it, the programme was going out live to new Zealand. What a wonderful night! If you think the costumes are beautiful on TV they are spectacular IRL - they shimmer and sparkle. It's also great being able to watch the dancers completely and not just what the camera person wants you to watch. We had no option but to bop along cheer, jeer and have fun. The dancers are wonderful and seem to be having such fun. I called Greer Robson at one point and she turned and looked at me - I gave her a thumbs up sign. Brendan Cole and Candy Lane (NZ and international dance champions) gave a demonstration dance that was so beautiful it looked like one person dancing. At the end of the evening, Greer hugged me and thanked me for supporting her.

I could hardly sleep when I got home as I was so hyped up still from the evening so I went surfing the net (as you do) and discoverd at Scrapbook Outlet I had won May's kit and both add-ons! What an exciting night! I have RAK'd some of it to Yvette for being such a great PI too.

We weren't supposed to take cameras to DWTS so I didn't but I noticed that other people had them Anyway, a lady at TV One has kindlysent me some but I have promised that I will only print them for a scrapbook page so I can't show them here. Maybe I'll do the l/o next weekend and then I can show you

2 comments:

karin said...

wow, wow, wow, sounds fantastic. please get those pictures and post them so we can see!!
love
k
xx

Mrs Frizz said...

You went and watched in real life - how cool is that??? I'm sure that you are going to add all the shimmer, glitz and bling when you scrap those pics.