Saturday, June 22, 2013

Really? Three months?

Yes, it's that long since I blogged! In my defense, a lot has been going on.

Over the Easter weekend, my mother and I went to Auckland. Did I have a good time? Parts of it, yes. She struggled. She struggled to walk anywhere which made it really hard for me. I went out a few times by myself and she stayed in the hotel room and told me the hotel (Skycity Grand) wasn't great as there wasn't much to do there! We went to St Lukes and there too I had to leave her sitting as she couldn't do much walking. That put pressure on me as I didn't like to leave her alone for too long. We had a great meal at Orbit though and the did enjoy her time in the Casino at the 1 cent machines!



At the same time, my bedroom was getting a make-over. Colin and friends painted my room for me. It looks fab!

Then in the April holidays I went to China again for two weeks on a school trip. I'd go to China again, but never again on a school trip. The kids weren't the problem :-(





















At the end of May I went to Rotorua on a Geography trip. That was such fun! I so enjoyed it and it did feel a bit like a mini holiday. The trip back was not so great though because all the roads round those gorgeous big mountains in the middle of the Island were closed due to snow, so we had to come back via Napier. The trip took us nearly eight hours. I was driving the school van and by the time we got back I was sooooo tired!





I am still scrapping but I have a new obsession - cake decorating! I have been to some classes at Stiletto Studio and I simply love it! I also like to have some kind of surprise inside the cake.



 Black cake with pink polka dots inside

Decorating classes - zebra stripes, royals icing roses and brushwork

Pink, black and white stripes inside

 More to come, but I'll leave it at that for now


2 comments:

Jenny in Durbs said...

Lovely to have you back - love all the photos & just to catch up. cakes look gorgeous & inspiring mmm maybe not I'll just admire yours. x x x

topkatnz said...

Sorry to hear your trips were such a mixed bag. But hey, at least you're out there, taking it on and dong it! The way you have picked yourself up is an inspiration Jenny! Totally understand the limitations of being out and about with a person with limited mobility. Could the malls not offer a wheelchair? WTG with the cakes - I am loving baking at the moment too. Love the inside of the zebra cake!