Friday, September 02, 2011

What a difference a day makes!

Well, it was a real pity party yesterday and I lost the plot in the middle of the day. I couldn't look at my class I was crying so much. One of my colleagues came and took me out of my classroom and gave me a few minutes breathing space.

I also came home to this beautiful card that Danice had sent me. She is so talented and has a beautiful handwriting too!

I have a cold so decided that I'd stay at home to try to recover both emotionally and from my cold. Yesterday I phoned the hairdresser to get an appointment so my day started well with a hair cut. Then I went into the shops to find Colin an SA flag and to find some bunting for myself. The flag was easy but not the bunting! I finally tracked some down and hopefully I'll get it next week.

I came home and hung my sheets outside in the sunshine and started defrosting my deep freeze. And while that was happening I filed a huge pile of l/os - some of them from 2009! Look at that pile



By then it was time to fetch the cat from the vet and the boys were home.

I definitely feel better today and ready to face next week!

6 comments:

Jenny in Durbs said...

Way to go Jen, I know the bad days will be but remember the new good days are on the way to. Love & hugs all the way from a sunny Durban. xxxxx

Sandra said...

Hugs to you, one foot in front of the other is all you need to do.
My favourite saying (from the "Finding Nemo" movie) Just keep swimming, and doggy paddle is just fine

topkatnz said...

So glad you are feeling better Jenny - ups and downs will all lead to healing in the end. I like Sandras saying - but my more cynical favourite is 'what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger':)hx

Irene said...

Good on you for moving a few steps forward and look at all those l/o's you have now filed away! I like Sandra's saying, it is so fitting

mandyb said...

ohhhh where have you found the bunting!!! i ordered some from flag place through rugby union site..takes 2-3 weeks to order!!!
grrrr
wishing i had started this earlier!!!

Danice said...

Aww you are sweet Jenny, to say i have nice handwriting! - but i knew it was going to a teacher so i made and extra special effort, glad it got to you on a day when you need to remember people care about you!