Saturday, September 17, 2011

South Africa vs Fiji

Last year when the RWC tickets went on sale, I was determined to buy tickets to get involved in the atmosphere. AT 9am the day the sales opened, I was online to buy the cheapest tickets I could! $66 for adult tickets and $34 for children - I bought two adult and one child's ticket. My students asked me what game I'd bought tickets for and I had to go back to check - it just happened to be SA vs Fiji. Come earlier this year and my tickets were delivered to me. Later on, I realised that I was the only one going to the rugby. Then they phoned me from the RWC office to tell me that my D-category tickets were impaired viewing seats and I was being upgraded to category A tickets at no extra cost! Now who to take? I took my colleague from work and one of the students that I each - she was so excited! Anyway, we had a great evening and here is my colleague and I waiting to go in
The Springboks and the Fijians walk onto the field
At some point during the game
More rugby
A conversion
One idiot was evicted as he was picking a fight with anyone and everyone; and one poor old man lost his footing and cut his head open very badly but apart from that there were no other incidents.

We had a fantastic time! After the game, we met Colin and went down town to find somewhere to have a drink before catching the train home. On the train coming home, Colin realised that he had lost his cell phone and he thought it was on the platform. We got into my car and drove to town and there was the phone on the tracks! It had bounced onto the concrete platform and then into the tracks and was still working! The staff at the station were great and as soon as the train left they got his phone for him

It was a fantastic night and I was not bored at all!

7 comments:

mandyb said...

wahoooooooooooo YAH for upgrades and a great time at the rugby!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a story about even just getting to the game. Had to laugh over you not realising which game you had tickets for though. LOL

TracyP said...

sounds like you had a fantastic time Jenny!!! Yay for free upgrades!
How lucjy that Colin found his phone too!!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Woo hoo Jen it must have been so much fun. We did not "officially" watch he game as we were at a church function -th minister & Alan snuck off to watch the second half ! LOl gotta love those men.

Penny said...

ooo lucky about the cell phone! Glad you enjoyed the game too :)

Irene said...

looks like you had a good time. We didn't watch all the game, just flicking back and forth.

Your camera is certainly taking some great photos.

Phew thank goodness that Colin found his phone. All in all a good result for you

Nicki said...

Looks like a good time to be had!