Friday, September 09, 2011

RWC

So today is the opening! While I really don't care for the rugby, I think that having the RWC here is a big deal! Today we had mufti day (civvies day) at school and Colin went in his SA shirt and flag. At morning tea he asked me if he could go into town to Te Papa with his friends to meet the SA rugby team. I let him go! He came back buzzing! he got signatures all over his flag and was thrilled.I am supporting the RWC so my shirt has all 20 flags on it! I also made a pink crown that has "The World in Union" printed on it
A photo of Colin with the SA team in the background.

It is 6.20pm here now and I have my glass of Savignon Blanc and I'm waiting for the opening ceremony and our fish and chips for dinner to arrive. I am set for a good evening! Enjoy if you are watching in your part of the world!

3 comments:

Jenny in Durbs said...

WOO HOO COLIN you are a star, I am soooo glad he's a Springbok fan. My youngest has his welsh rugby jersey, oldest son has his scottish rugby jersey on - oi vey. The rest of us are flying the green & gold today. I have to confess my favourite team is the La Bleu - the French team. Well we do support the whole RWC & its going to be a fantastic one for NZ.

mandyb said...

wahoooooooo love your pics!!!
enjoy the show!!!

Irene said...

Love your tshirt Jenny. Lucky Colin getting to meet his team. We don't watch tv3 news so missed that