Sunday, September 25, 2011

Long week

It's been a long week this - very emotional and stressful.

The RWC is on and when there's a game in Wellington, I spend time collecting boys. One will finish about 30mins after the game does and hopefully get a train home but I still have to fetch him at the station so in total about an hour or so after the game finishes. The other finishes about three hours after the game and there are generally no trains then so I have to drive in there to fetch him usually between 1am and 2am in the morning - of course I go in my pjs!

Ross and I put our names down to play in a bowls competition yesterday but no one told us it was ALL day and maybe Sunday and we had to take lunch! Well, neither of us did too well and by the end of the day I was cold and very tired. I was very pleased when they said we didn't have to go back today! And then I went to bed at 7.30pm - it was bliss!

Daylight Saving has started and I hope that will make a difference as we have more daylight hours

My Mom bought me this cyclamen plant to thank me for everything I do for her.. It has lots of new flowers budding and when it dies I'll plant it outside the front door.

Two weeks to go until the school holidays and then I have lots to do. I want to get into every cupboard in this house and clear out everything I don't use. I also have to sell my dinning room suite (square eight seater oak with a sideboard) as I have to rearrange my house for my mom to move in. I am a bit sad about it as it was my pride and joy when I bought it over 22 years ago. And when I look at the cost of new dining rooms suites I'm astounded! I have a vision of what I want my house to look like when I'm finished but it's going to take hard work to get it there.


I also have to sell my Honda Odyssey which I also love but it's pointless having two cars and the Honda is the more expensive to run.

And then I will have to go through my house with A and sort through what each of us will keep. And that will be hard

4 comments:

mandyb said...

wowsa full on week
xxx

Jenny in Durbs said...

Whew a very full plate right now. Hope the cleaning is theraputic and you can let go. Lots of memories at that lovely dining room suite hope it finds a loving home. Love & hugs

Penny said...

I'd love to take your table but unfortunately am not in a position to do so at present - hope you get a good price for it! We're still surviving on our $20 table we got when we got married. One day...

All the best with the clean out.

Irene said...

wow you have got a lot on at the moment. Kind of makes sense your Mom moving in with you though. Hope it doesn't get too full on stressful for you