Sunday, January 23, 2011

What's happening

My lovely friend Danice reckons that I inspire her to write on her blog! So here's our boring news

We bought shoes yesterday: two pairs of shoes for Colin (school and trainers); a pair of school shoes for Ross and shoes for me. They cost more than I have ever spent on shoes before; got them from The Shoe Clinic and they are sooo comfortable ... and my knee is not so sore either

Then last night there was a beautiful rainbow over to the north and this was the sunset across in the west. It looked like a huge fire on the other side of the hill.

I have also made myself two pairs of trousers with a third pair cut out ready to sew. Takes me about 2 hours (if I don't have to unpick). I also used the cutting tables at school so that makes that job a lot easier and faster.

What else? We brought my parent's Mitsubishi here so that if it's here it's easier for Ross to get out and practice! He has to get his license in a manual car as the Mitsi will be available for him to drive.

From Tuesday, I will be back at school for most of the morning except Wednesday when my friend Katrina and her boys fly in from Christchurch for the day! I hope that the weather is great and we can go to the zoo. Then Monday 31st, school starts officially for teachers.

We have dreadful weather here today and up north they have had even worse wind and rain. I have seen a photo of the Auckland motorway flooded!

I have beedn selling lots of things on TradeMe with even more to go. My mom and I are having a garage sale on 5th February and the rest will go to hospice, recycling or the bin!

Scrapping wise, I haven't done too much since the two long weekends but I did do this title page for 2010: 15 photos on a single 12 x 12 - not bad! The little flower right at the top is where our annual family letter is hiding .... only because there is no space anywhere else!

We have a public holiday here tomorrow - Wellington Anniversary. It's so funny as only the Wellington region is on holiday and the rest of NZ will have their anniversary days at other times in the year.

I may do some more cooking experimenting today - going to try meringues with chunks of chocolate in them. The cheese straws I made earlier in the week went down very well!

Oh, I ditched IE for Google Chrome and I'm so pleased. IE would crash sometimes a couple of times a day. I like the built in spell checker too

Well, that's it from me for a while - stay safe!

8 comments:

Nic said...

CUTE shoes!!! I love them!

Danice said...

Ahh! I have made meringues with choc in them, I used a tad of choc essence too, and i love your shoes! they are gorgeous! And now I remember I forgot to post pics of my latest craft thing too! haha

mandyb said...

those shoes look cute!!!
and I ALSO tool a pic of that sunset!!!! wasn't it stunning!!!
all the best being back at work....!!!!

topkatnz said...

Loved that newsy post! the shoes are great - decent shoes like decent undies just become a life saver when you hit a certain age!LOL! I too love taking pics of fab sunsets! gorgeous!

Penny said...

shoes look good! Glad they are comfy too.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Love all the news & your shoes are gorgeous ! the l/o is super & love the fact that you got it all in lol. Enjoy your week.

Lainie said...

Nice shoes Jenny and that sunset is so beautiful!

Thanks for visiting me on my blog. Now you can please tell me that check box is so my photos aren't small PLEEASE. I've looked everywhere...I promise!

Lainie said...

I was looking in the wrong place! I found it. Thanks bunches for lmk it was there to find.

Have a great weekend.