Hubby has been gone since last Thursday.
Monday: Buy some basic groceries, pick Colin up. get home put some pies in the oven, back at school by 6.30pm for Prizegiving. What a lovely event this is! Always good to see students honoured and ther proud parents
Tuesday: first bowls practice ans I finally got given a lesson! I'm the teacher in charge and I don't know how to play! Pies again Back to school for Maths tutorial. For years we offered free lessons during lunchtimes and at best we may have had tow or three arrive. Now we offer them at night and charge $5 and have over 100 arrive. Huh?
Wednesday was almost a free afternoon although I was tired so didn't do much and we ordered in pizza. Ross got a certificate for Second in Geography! He also did well in Maths, Science and Economics. He has 30 Excellence level credits and 112 credits in total with another 70 odd to come in externals
Thursday: first day of junior exams and the Yr 10s who were supposed to be rostered home had to go to school. Only 11 present in Colin's class so I signed him out and we went shopping and preparing for the prizegiving we catered at on Thursday evening. We were ready to serve just after 5pm and I must say it looked great. As usual, I had too much food. Dropped Colin home at 6.58pm and went straight back to school for the last of our tutorials. We all went out for a drink afterwards, and even though I had had a long busy day I went anyway. And I didn't take any photos!
Friday: I woke up feeling not very well. I have been so pleased that I went right through winter without getting a cold, but now I have one. Yr 9 exams to mark.
Today I am taking it easy and I'm not even sure that I want to do any laundry! I am marking, so I might just do the urgent stuff and leave the rest for hubby for Tuesday!
4 comments:
sounds like a meh kind of week in many respects - hope next week is better :)
With such a busy week no wonder you succumbed to the lurgies!! hope you are feeling a bit better now. Sounds like Ross is ending the year on a high note - good luck for that ex.accreditation:)
Whew I am tired just reading it. LOL I hope you get better & some rest.
wow, that makes me tired just thinking about all those extra tutorials and marking exams ... suggest you have a pot of broccoli and silverbeet ... you need some greens buddy ...
Seriously, hope that you are now feeling a little bit better, a whole lot better would be better still.
Post a Comment