Updating my blog

- Yes, I suppose it is about time I updated my blog! Thanks Sandra!
- And if I say that I've been really busy, you'll say you've heard that excuse before. And this coming week is busy too: haircut on Tuesday, Ross to the orthodontist and another breast screen for me on Wednesday bowls match on Thursday
- Something that irritates me .... I keep seeing it on TradeMe and I saw it on many of the Level 2 Trial papers I was marking - the word"brought" instead of "bought". Arghhh it irritates me! And it's so easy to remember: buy; past tense bought; bring, past tense brought. So you went shopping and you bought an item; however, you came to visit me and you brought a chocolate cake.
- Our godson was here today and we were playing the "my ........" game as in "My Mummy", etc. Well, I hugged Colin and said, "my Colin". Quick as a flash, J put his arms around Ross' knees and said, "My Ross". Not quite what I was hoping for but so cute and funny. The other adults just burst out laughing. He is the cutest and our new godchild is due any day.
- I've made a lovely quilt that needs to go to the quilter this week. Very different from the train one I made
- The seniors leave this week: Yr 13s on Tuesday and the others on Wednesday. The juniors start exams on Thursday so that means my two. It may as well be a case of "Exams? What exams?" I'm the only one who is worried. Hopefully they will do well.
- And my Sally cat is growing weaker - she's not in any pain, but doesn't eat much and is losing weight.
4 comments:
Busy week here too, and of course it's a short one here because of Show weekend - ai-yi-yi! hope exams go well for you and your boys. Hugs for Sally.
Sorry to hear about Sally - I'm sure it's not nice to watch her deteriorate.
Hope the exams go well for the boys :)
Very cute god son comments :) Lydia is always telling everyone "my mummy" or "my daddy", especially at daycare.
You know the word mix up that bothers me the most is lose and loose.
Enjoy the peace of not having seniors.Give Ross & Colin a goodluck hugs from us in Durbs for their exams. Sad for Sally & you need to be strong.Enjoy your new godchild when she arives.
Your place sounds like our place at the moment. Including Sally who sounds like Miss Maxie - our 18 year old cat who used to be fat. She is now terribly thin - no pain, just a thyroid problem and old age. We have given up on the medication which seemed to make her sicker. Much happier but boney. Time will tell...
Post a Comment