Queen's Birthday this past weekend so a long weekend for us.
I went away with a couple of friends to scrap ........ I can quite understand why going away with a few friends is such fun - there's not as much pressure for one and it's a whole lot more relaxed for another. When these friends suggested it, I wondered how it would work but it was fantastic. We went to a place in Paremata - that's about 20 minutes away from here and we had the run of the house. I managed 27 l/os and I know that I had 28 page kits but some of those page kits had more than one l/o in. For example, our trip to the US in 2002 had ten l/os in it.
On Sunday it was so cold that there was snow - even where we were down near the beach. At home there was more but not enough to make a layer on the ground. On Monday I went to the Warehouse near the airport and the waves were crashing at Lyall Bay which is a popular surfing beach. I wondered why there was no one surfing and read today that a surfer had died in the wild surf at about 3.30pm in the afternoon - how sad for his family.
This coming weekend I am making a UFO weekend - I have l/os from ages ago that don't have journalling, or titles, or need to be put away. And on Sunday we'll probably see our godson.
And we are on the downhill slide to the end of term and my SIL visiting
9 comments:
Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. We went to Wanaka & it was just beautiful.
Yeah to the down hill slide to the end of the term!!!!
week 6 is such a nice week...halfway through! yay for scrap times with friends.
omg ... 27 LAYOUTS!!! can't wait to see them all ...
Sounds like a magic weekend, Jenny!
Yes, winter is definitely upon us. Very cold here to. We went down to -4 degrees last night and similar is predicted for the rest of the week.
snowing! It's frosty up here this morning.
Looking forward to seeing some of your LOs from the weekend.
Sounds great, there is nothing like being with friends & scrapping. Waiting for a peak at your l/o's they always inspire me to do something.
How nice you got away for the weekend to go scrapping. I think that's when the majority of my scrapping is getting done these days and therefore I don't go away nearly enough!
Here here to seeing the layouts...you are firing on all cylinders!!! Sounds like you have the next few weeks sussed & sorted. We are all ailing here from our winter (which as you know is pathetic compared to yours) but we all have the sniffles & the feeling sorry for ourselves syndrome. Head so foggy I am not even thinking beyond tomorrow at the moment!
yes it was a fantastic weekend and I am thrilled that we were able to get together for the weekend.
Post a Comment